You can’t look past the catwalk for spotting the next big wave in hair and beauty trends. And the swimwear creatives behind BONDI BATHER set the diving board high with their creative vision at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, to showcase their Resort 2017 collection. Check out the gorgeous surf chic hair, luminous skin and gorgeous makeup looks…
The Look: Surf Chic
The Show: Bondi Bather, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, Resort 2017
The Hair: REDKEN Hair Director Philip Barwick created a surf-inspired hair directive anchored by frayed braids for the BONDI BATHER Show at MBFWA 2016. “The laid-back hair look I created for the BONDI BATHER Show was designed to move from the surf into a hot Summer night,” explains Phillip. “The mood is athletic but still stylish. Our Bondi Bather girl is someone who has an outdoor lifestyle but she lives close to the inner city as well – so she’s basically a glamorous utilitarian type. What we’ve done with the hair is two different braided designs with a sporty-come-fashion edge to it. One look has the one central braid and the other is splitting the hair in half with a centre part with braids down the sides.”
Related: 5 Top Trending Hair Colours For 2016
Surf Chic Hair How-To
- On clean, air-dried hair, apply PILLOW PROOF Blow Dry Primer and ROOTFUL 06 and then blow dry directionally up at the sides and back from the face.
- Part the hair down the middle into two separate sections from the front hairline to the nape. Apply BRAID AID 03 Defining Lotion to enable manageability and grip. Create two 3-strand braids that sit high along the crest of the head. The braids should begin above the corner of the eyes.
- Continue to braid until you reach the ends and then spray the ends with new TRIPLE TAKE 32 Extreme High-Hold Hairspray. Fix the ends with the heat from a flat iron to create an uninterrupted look.
- To complete the look, pinch and fray small amounts of hair to create undone, beachy texture and spray with WIND BLOWN 05 Dry Finishing Spray.
- When the desired texture is achieved, finish with TRIPLE TAKE 32 Extreme High-Hold Hairspray.
Related: The Hottest Hairstyles For 2016
Surf Chic Makeup How-To
Janeen Brown for Harlotte Cosmetics created a beach glam beauty look. “Today is all about beautiful luminous skin, so we want that transient luminosity coming through,” explains Janeen. “We’ve got a very bronzed up eye and a thick lash on top of that to complement the girl’s look. There is a bronzed cheek with loose powder over that. We have a white centre part on the cupid’s bow of the lip and then a glossy lip to follow through.”
The Makeup Kit Face: Harlotte Cosmetics Baked Blush in Terracotta, Baked Blush in Solar Power, Perfecting Foundation. Brows: Harlotte Cosmetics Eyebrow Pencil. Eyes: Harlotte Cosmetics Mascara in Blissful Brown. Lips: Harlotte Cosmetics Lip Refill in Lacquer Latte. Photography and edited copy courtesy of BEAUTYDIRECTORY and REDKEN.