Win the trifecta in the style stakes with these three hot filly hairstyles guaranteed to make you the mane attraction at the event. Hats off to that!
Yep, it’s that time of the year when we fillies start sorting our frocks and manes for Spring Racing Carnival. Yee-haw! And all bets are on that you’ll love these looks created by Joey Scandizzo, three-time Australian Hairdresser of the Year and Co-Creative Director of ELEVEN Australia.
Joey is styling hair in the Birdcage at Flemington and knows exactly what it takes to turn heads. Here, he shares his top tips for hair that’ll be lengths ahead of the rest …
Home Run Ponytail
“This textured pony is a fantastic and relaxed look that compliments so many necklines. It works well with a headband, fascinator or statement earrings.”
Get the look
- Apply Miracle Hair Treatment and Sea Salt Texture Spray to damp hair. This combination will smooth down flyaways and create the desired texture you are after.
- Blast dry hair with your head upside down for added volume.
- Section your hair in two, separating the top and bottom.
- Secure the bottom section with an elastic in a tight ponytail.
- Take the top section and back comb the roots to create volume and texture.
- Using your fingers, tame the top section down over the existing ponytail and join the top section to the pony with an elastic.
- Gently pull some hair out around the front for softness.
- Finish with Give Me Hold Flexible Hairspray to keep everything in place.
Giddy Up Glamour
“This is a great way to style your hair if you are wanting to wear it out. Volume and texture will take you straight from trackside to after party! This can also be accompanied perfectly by a headband of fresh flowers.”
Get the look
- Firstly apply Miracle Hair Treatment to damp hair. The UVA and UVB filters protect your hair while the sun is beating down trackside.
- Apply I Want Body Volume Spray to damp hair to create that desired bounce.
- Blast dry with your hair upside down until it is 80% dry.
- Take a large ELEVEN Australia Round Brush to finish off blowdrying to create a wave through the mid lengths and ends.
- Shake your hair with your fingers and finish with more I Want Body Spray for a dry textured look.
“Braids are a modern way to wear your hair up. Incorporating a variety of different braids and textures amps up the look and gives your hair more of an edge. This style works well with a metal headband.”
Get the look
- Apply Miracle Hair Treatment and I Want Body Volume Foam to damp hair to detangle and create manageability while adding volume – the perfect texture before you begin to braid.
- Blast hair dry.
- Section your hair into two, from the front to the back where your headband would rest.
- Secure the back section into a high ponytail with an elastic.
- Twist the ponytail around until it twists back on itself creating a bun and secure with pins.
- Create a side part in the front section.
- On the side with the least amount of hair, create three small tight braids.
- Take the ends of the braids and pull them up, incorporating them into the bun by twisting around. Secure with pins.
- Use the palm of your hand and rub all over the braids, encouraging flyaway ends and a soft finish.
- Finish the look with Give Me Hold Flexible Hairspray.
Spring Racing Carnival Hair Kit
There will be no hair-mares with these ‘hot to trot’ styling products. Giddy up, gal!